SSS ID Application Walkthrough
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE WORKING FOR SSS. The steps you’ll read below is a documentation on my experience how I got my SSS ID. While I appreciate your comments, I can not do anything for any of your complaints nor could I answer any of your questions with regards to your personal SSS accounts. If the SSS website is down, I can not do anything about that.
I wrote a new article that documented the steps on registering an account on the new SSS website. Please visit here: SSS, Are you kidding us? It’s not funny.
We all need the SSS ID, right? Isa sa mga “Valid” IDs na ipapepresent kahit saan. And I’m sure lahat natatakot at nasisindak sa sangkatutak na taong nagpipila sa loob at labas ng SSS office.
If you are still to get an SSS number, too bad. You have to join that line of people. But for those who already have their number and will now be applying for the SSS ID, hurrayyy.. No need to waste your sweat on that stampede.
I applied for the SSS ID this morning and it was just a breeze. So go get yourselves that precious VALID ID, hehe. Here’s how.
1. Download the E-6 form from the SSS website. Click on Forms at the left navigation pane. Then select E-6 from the list. Or click here for the direct link: E6 Form. Print then fill up the information needed. Do not worry about the Employer ID info required in the form. Just read on.
2. Click Online Inquiry at the navigation pane at the left panel and Log-in to your account. Log in using your SSS number, surname and birthdate. You will be directed to the Employee Static Information page. Member Details will be shown.
UPDATE (020309) – Since the SSS website is updated, Steps 2-4 no longer apply. Please follow this instead: How to Login to SSS.
3. Click on Employment History at the left panel. You will be shown a list of all your employers, past and present. Copy the employer number of your company into the form.
4. Click SSS ID Clearance at the left panel. If the note says “Member Qualified for an SSS ID Card”, then you are cleared and eligible to apply for the ID. Print this page. Just click the File menu of the browser, then Print.
5. Go to the SSS office. Tell the guard you already have an SSS number, the E-6 form and the ID Clearance and that you are applying for the ID. He should give you a priority for your picture to be taken.
6. Get in line at the SSS ID section and get your picture taken. Present two IDs from the list stated at the 2nd page of the E-6 form. If you have your company ID and an ATM card with your complete name, then you should be fine.
7. You’re done. Just wait for the SSS ID to be mailed at your home or office address (whichever you chose). Or maybe you want to get the SSS ID at their office.
That was just what I did for my SSS ID application. Experiences may vary though. But I think the same system applies to all SSS branches. And by the way, the whole duration of the application didn’t last an hour for me. Went there at 8:00 AM. The earlier, the better. Early bird catches the worm, ika nga.
Additional tips from Rushu (thanks!):
mas maganda ilocate nyo muna kung sang branch kayo pupunta. You can check it here:
Tapos tawagan nyo if online sila para mag pa card..marami kcng instances na ang haba haba ng pila sabay offline pala.
And then after that..since ang SSS website is laging down..you can check it out here..na search ko lng den to s internet..but it could help
at para sa form..pwede na kayo dumaretso sa website na to:
ok! goodluck saten!! he he he